Simple Recipe Ideas
✓ 8 small sprigs fresh rosemary
✓ 1 thick slice wholemeal bread
✓ Black pepper (optional)
✓ 60g feta cheese
✓ 350g small new potatoes
✓ 1 medium leek
✓ 1 large onion
✓ 1 stick celery
✓ 450g courgettes (3–4 medium)
✓ 1 clove garlic
✓ 1 – 2 x 5ml spoons wholegrain mustard (optional)
✓ 50g reduced-fat garlic and herb cream cheese
✓ 25g unsaturated fat spread
✓ 150ml boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4.
2. Remove the rosemary leaves and chop them finely. You need about 2 x 5ml spoons.
3. Make the bread into crumbs using a food processor or stick blender in a medium bowl (or see Top Tips). Add half the chopped rosemary and black pepper to taste (if using), then crumble in the feta cheese.
3. Wash the new potatoes and thinly slice into 3mm slices. Boil the kettle. Put the potatoes into the medium saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 7–10 minutes or until just tender.
4. While the potatoes are simmering, wash and thinly slice the leek, onion, celery and courgettes into 3mm slices. Peel and crush the garlic.
5. When the potatoes are just tender, drain using the colander. Return the potatoes to the pan, add black pepper to taste (if using) and stir in half the mustard (if using) and all the cream cheese. Place the potatoes into the ovenproof dish or roasting tin and set aside.
6. Heat the spread in the frying pan and add the leek, onion, celery, garlic and the remaining rosemary. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until soft.
7. Add the courgettes, the rest of the mustard (if using) and 150ml of boiling water. Stir and cook on a medium heat for another 5 minutes.
8. Spread the vegetable mixture over the potatoes and top with the breadcrumb, feta and rosemary mixture.
9. Bake for 20–30 minutes until the top is golden and crisp and the base is bubbling.