What footwear and clothing should I wear?
Indoor or outdoor astroturf trainers are perfect for the course. Standard sport activity clothing would best suit. Football boots of any kind are not allowed to be worn on the course.
What courses offer footgolf?
Tapton Park Golf Course in Chesterfield and Sinfin Golf Course in Derby.
Can I bring my own ball?
Yes you can! We also have footballs available to hire for free. We just ask for a £5 refundable deposit for each ball.
How do I book to play and do I need to in advance?
We strongly advise booking in advance as you will then ensure you get chance to play on the day. This can be done by calling us on 0124 6239 500 (Tapton Park Golf Course) or 01332 766462 (Sinfin Golf Course). Payment will then be taken on arrival.
How long would it take to complete the course?
On average, our 9 hole footgolf will take around 1 hour to complete.
- The ball must be played in one single movement. You should not scoop or drag the ball as part of a shot played.
- Remember which ball is yours!
- Do not play your shot until your ball has completely stopped.
- The player who is furthest from the hole, should be the first to kick the ball.
- Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleared or replaced. (You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it obstructs another players ball that is further from the hole)
- The ball may be stopped by the player if the wind is taking the ball a long distance. (This is up to the players to decide this).